Thursday, September 25, 2008

Grandma's Apple Trees



I'm still catching up ... this was from our last trip to St.Louis in August, right before the boys started school! My mom & dad have a couple apple trees in their back yard... they've had them there since I was little [& my mom told me Johnny Appleseed planted them... and I told everyone at school. My mom still stands by this claim...] So anyway, my kids can't help themselves... they just want to pick, pick, pick, shake the tree, hang from the limbs... they aren't exactly the most TASTY of apples, but they're edible.

So Grandma took them out back to help pick the apples. But part of the bargain was that they had to help cook them - & taste them. So they picked & gathered...






They scrubbed & rinsed while Grandma sliced...



They threw them in the skillet with a little margarine, sugar & cinnamon - but in the end, they got a unanimous...


4 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Actually it was the apple trees in our Pittsburgh yard that I thought might be Johnny Appleseed trees. I don't think he made it to Missouri.

Tell the kids the apples are edible now---Grandpa and I have been eating them each day!

Leah Warren said...

I agree they are yummy!

Nikki said...

I love "no fank you" - too cute!

Mariah said...

Ha ha! That is exactly what my kids would have said, too. :)