Friday, September 5, 2008

Flashback Friday - The Cowgirl Outfit


There's a cowgirl outfit that has circulated my family starting with my mom when she was a little girl!

My mom is top right, my sister Becky is top left, I'm bottom left (no, that's not Davis w/ a mullet) & my sister Leah is bottom right.

Well, guess whose turn it is to wear it? Yep... the next female in line [and so far the only one] is little Libby.

Today I glanced up at the shelf above her crib & saw her hot pink cowgirl boots that I've had on display since they were given to us as a baby gift (by our dear friends' mom, Chris Lopez). So put 2 & 2 together... and guess what Libby's going to be for Halloween? She'll be a retro cowgirl with hot pink boots! :) I think I'll just add a hot pink turtle neck under the vest & she'll be good-to-go.

I already got the cowgirl boots down so she can start trying them on. Which she will. She is a total shoe freak trying on all my shoes, Kyle's, Brett's, Davis's, her own... and usually in random combos. (Davis's blue croc with my ummm...pick a shoe, any shoe...running shoe.) Then she ditches that "pair" she put together & will try on a new combo. Which leaves us with deserted random single shoes all over the house. I have a TON of pictures of her doing this from the past week... so I'll have to post about that after Flashback Friday has come & gone! :) HAVE A GOOD ONE!

4 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

This outfit was part of an entire ensemble I had courtesy of my Dad's cousins---we only have the skirt and vest left. They are a pinkish-beige suede---very soft---from Oklahoma. I'm guessing they were bought on the way back from a train trip to Texas to visit uncles (they all worked for the railroad and had passes)

Mariah said...

Davis with a mullet! I LOVE IT!!!

Leah Warren said...

Can't Wait! I guess we will be there for Halloween b/c it's the night before the wedding...(just thought of that) Too bad Eli was a cowboy last year.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Lib's debut -- what a tradition to savor! Keep it goin' -- love the fact it's got the pink-beige girlie suede too!

We'll be anxiously awaiting the doorbell!! M&P